Sunday, October 17, 2010

Running, Running, Running

As you may have heard, I made myself a list of things to accomplish while Chris is gone. I've already crossed some of the things off that list, like quilting and pie making. Running is also on that list. Unfortunately, I have this problem where I hate running. I'm not exactly sure why but it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm not very good at it and it makes me sweaty. And I really don't like being sweaty. But, since my Donut of Misery looks like this now:

[Exciting, right?!]

I decided that it was time to start on my running goal. I've been putting it off for weeks and weeks, but now that we're 30% through deployment, and more than 50% of the way to R&R, it seems like a now-or-never kind of thing. So, yesterday I gathered up all the enthusiasm I could muster and went on my first running adventure. Surprisingly, it wasn't so bad. Well, besides the being sweaty part. But I got to wear my pretty pink running shoes so that kind of balanced it out. Good shoes really can  make any situation better, don't you think?

Anyway, I'm two days in and I'm feeling pretty good. Apparently, I'm a much better runner than I originally thought. This is nothing compared to the horror of my hiking adventure. At the rate I'm going, I'll be running with Chris before I know it!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm very jealous.. I really wish I could muster up the will power to run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Megan!! Just don't give up...the more you do it the easier it will get! Just jog as long as you can then walk, then jog, etc. Before you know it you will be running miles and miles.
    I used to hate running too, but I set a goal to run a 10k and it gave me motivation to keep going. A goal might help...if you want to find a 5 or 10k to do I will do it with you!!

    ReplyDelete