Sunday, March 6, 2011

All American

Some things are just all American, like hot dogs, apple pie and baseball.


[Rockin' my Royals jersey]

I love [LOVE!] baseball. But my favorite part of the game is not the vibrantly green grass or the deliciously satisfying sound of the bat connecting with the ball. It's better than both of those combined. My favorite part of the game is at the beginning, when every player spills out of the dugout to line up side by side on the field. When every fan stands tall and removes their hats. It's when the sun is shining and the flag is flapping in the breeze. It's the goose bumps that raise on arms as the stadium fills with the beginning sounds of the national anthem.




In that moment, as everyone stands silently, listening to the song play, I am so filled with pride that I literally have to fight back tears. And just when I think the moment couldn't possibly get any better, jets from the nearby Air Force base fly overhead. Moments like this remind me how proud I am to be not only an American, but also the proud wife of a soldier.




Oh yeah, and to top off the best game ever, I got to touch Pedro Feliz.

Gotta love Spring Training baseball ♥



5 comments:

  1. I love baseball too. It's the only sport I can ever get into! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge baseball fan but I do enjoy going to games. I just can't watch it on TV. Anyways, love that you're rocking the dog tag:) I did that last deployment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Totally jelly! Another reason I miss AZ. Spring training games were the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tear up every time I hear it. I love the national anthem. As a kid I would pretend I was singing it in front of a crowd lol. My favorite song of all times..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! I love hearing the anthem and being an Army wife just makes it mean that much more to me.

    But...it means I also want to smack the people who move around and talk during it -_-. Haha

    ReplyDelete