Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Man of the House

With Husband gone, I have taken over the role of Mr. Fix It.

First, I changed the shower head in the bathroom, which was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.


Then, Mom and I built a grill. Not nearly as easy as the shower head, but we still got it done!


More recently, I tackled a much larger project: the car. You see, the AC in the car was broken. The first quote I got to fix it was $150. The second quote, which I got from the place on post, was only $39. Little did I know, the mechanic there thought he could pull one over on me because I'm a girl and would not actually be fixing the AC for that price. Even though I asked for confirmation of the work I was getting done, he only checked the AC for that $39. To actually fix it would be another $200. Naturally, I was not happy when I discovered he had flat out lied to me and I let him know it. I also let him know that I would be taking my business elsewhere. And that place was Checker.

After a phone call to my dad, I decided that I would just fix the AC myself. So one trip to Checker and $35 later, I found myself staring at the engine with absolutely no idea what I was looking for.

[my view]

So I googled it. After I knew what I was looking for, I spent the better part of the afternoon staring at the engine, trying to figure out where the mystery part was. And then I found it. Twenty minutes later, I was in the car, cold air blasting, on my way to Taco Bell for a celebratory taco.


I'm sure Husband never thought he would be coming home to a plumber, builder and mechanic!
I sure hope he knows how lucky he is to be married to a badass like me.

6 comments:

  1. That is badass. You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impressive. You really rocked my socks when you got to the car. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty bad ass that you fixed the AC. I would have just plopped down the money for it. You're my new hero, he is a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I can totally relate to this! :) I'm dealing with being "alone" in Hawaii right now, too. Happy I stumbled upon your blog, and can't wait to read more!

    Lindsay
    tailstotellstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete