Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grown-up Girl

Sometimes being a grown-up isn't fun at all. Like when I have to move 3,000 miles away from my home with only the essentials. As if that wasn't stressful enough, when I got here, I realized that the condo I rented was dirty and disappointing. Then I went to pick up the car and it wouldn't start. So I had to buy a new battery. While I was waiting for AAA to install it, I noticed that the tags were expired. I ended up having to pay for new tires and an alignment before I could get them renewed. Top all of that off with moving our stuff out of storage in the constant rain and the last week has been pretty hard.

Thankfully, I had Mom with me. She's the only reason I didn't have a full blown mental breakdown. She was absolutely amazing and helped me make the apartment feel like a home. She helped me pick out my pretty, new couch and even bought me a dining room table, rug, coffee table and vacuum. My apartment that started out as a disappointing mess ended up feeling a little bit like a home.





[Sorry for the crappy pictures]


Sadly, Mom had to go back home and now I'm forced to become a real grown-up girl and live on my own for a while. Some moments it doesn't seem so bad. Others, it feels absolutely impossible. Hopefully I survive.

3 comments:

  1. You'll survive, and it will be awesome! Go for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your picture collage on the wall, Very Arty! :)

    also, things will get better for you, im sure :)

    Chin Up!

    KirstieJayyx

    [http://kirstiejayy.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, there. Found you from the Surviving Deployment post. I remember the first time I was on my own, I cried for 2 months straight. At least your deployment left you in sunny Hawaii! (jealous) Maybe the PCS Gods will grant me HI as our next duty station! :)

    ReplyDelete