Monday, September 6, 2010

You can call me Martha...

Before Chris left he told me to take my year apart from him to do something I've always wanted to do. Well, we all know that I successfully made a quilt. [If you missed that you can see it here.] So now, I have moved on to goal number two: learn how to make a completely homemade pie.




I've never had pecan pie. Honestly, I think it looks rather gross. However, since every man I've ever met loves this not-so-appetizing flavor, I decided to learn how to make it!

I must say, for my first try it turned out really pretty. The crust came out perfectly golden, much to my surprise! It really was a lot easier
than I thought. Since I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to taste I can't really say how well it turned out in that department though. That's one of the many down sides to having Chris gone; no one is around to taste the man food! Oh well, at least it looked pretty! Look out Martha Stewart! There's a new girl in town! Except next time, I think I'll stick to good 'ol apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment