Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cupcakes and Army men

Today, I needed a cupcake. I needed one. I also needed a deployment journal. So I grabbed Pam and off we went to accomplish the day's goals. We ended up at my new favorite place, Sugar Daddy Cupcakes.


Seriously, they have the best cupcakes ever! And, all of them are so pretty you almost don't want to eat them. Almost.
It just so happens that right across from the best cupcake shop ever is the Army recruiters station. Feeling inspired, we got cupcakes for the Army recruiters too! Because really, who doesn't love cupcakes?

Well, Army men certainly do! The guys were so excited! They jumped up to shake our hands and thanked us at least 5 times. They asked about Chris and I gladly bragged about him, being a proud Army wife and all. They even gave me 4 Army lanyards which was awesome because I've been looking for one forever! I'm so glad that Pam suggested we go in there because it made my day just seeing someone in uniform. The huge smiles on their faces made me feel even better and finally brought me out of the terrible mood I've been in for days. And all it took was a cupcake.




Did I mention I got a deployment journal?
Perfection.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love cupcakes.. Here is a good reason why they obviously make people feel better. Ah I love you guys..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh my gosh!! i NEED that journal!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete